Activate an optimized version of the page designed specifically for screen readers.
Welcome to the Phoenix Scholars 2017-2018 application! Thank you for your interest in our program. With the information that you provide in the pages to follow, we hope to learn more about you, your academics, your background, and your goals for the future!
Please read the following instructions carefully and in their entirety.
1. Make sure to complete each section accurately and thoroughly, and make sure to complete all of the required questions.
2. Your application will save automatically as you go through it, but to be safe, make sure to save a copy of your longer answers in a separate document in case of any glitches in the application.
3. For the short essay responses, we highly recommend that you write out and edit your answers in a separate document before you copy them into the application for submission.
4. For this application, you will need to upload a couple of documents. Please make sure that you have ready access to the following, as well as to a scanner or some other form of image capture for saving them on your computer and uploading them to this application:
A copy of your most recent high school transcript (this can be an unofficial transcript) A copy of your parents' most recent federal income tax returns OR a letter from your counselor verifying your financial need
A copy of (or online access to) your PSAT or PLAN score report (if you took either of these exams).
Please upload these documents in either PDF or JPEG format
5. There is an optional letter of recommendation component to this application. If you would like to submit a letter of recommendation, you may:
Have your recommender email their recommendation to
with the subject line "Last Name, First Name - Letter of Recommendation"
Have your recommender mail their letter of recommendation to
265 Cambridge Avenue
PO Box 60476
Palo Alto, CA 94306
The following are the prompts to the short essay responses towards the end of the application. They are provided here to ease your ability to access them.
a. How has being a low-income, first-generation, and/or minority student affected your life? Please limit your response to no more than 250 words.
b. What has influenced your desire to pursue a college education? Please limit your response to no more that 250 words.
c. Why do you want to be a participant in The Phoenix Scholars? In an ideal world, what specific services would The Phoenix Scholars provide you? How do you plan to get the most out of The Phoenix Scholars? Please limit your response to no more than 250 words.
If you have any questions or want clarification about the application, please email us at
with your question(s).
When you are ready, click forward to begin.
Powered by Qualtrics